Demolition and Construction
What is demolition and construction?
Demolition is all that waste that is generated from constructions, remodeling, roads, bridges, among others. It is the waste with the highest volume in the construction industry since it requires machinery and heavy equipment for demolition, mobilization and disposal.
What is known as demolition waste?
- Reinforcing steel (Rod)
- Ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Vegetative material
- Gypsum Board
Some benefits that are produced by reducing materials within demolition include:
la demolición incluyen:
- Reduces the extraction of materials for a new use.
- Reduces carbon emissions.
- Maximize space in the island's landfill systems.
- Generates “Green Jobs” in the construction and recycling industry.
- Reduces the costs associated with the health and hygiene of the island.
¿What can we do?
- Rethink the types of buildings
- Redesign trying to reuse most of the existing resources
- Make a diversion plan to allow the materials to have a new use
- Close the recycling cycle
What do we do in ERCENGINEERSPR with the management of C&D?
The importance that we give to demolition is that we strive to carry out a management plan (C&D) in order to divert all those materials that can be reused in other projects. This way we avoid that the systems of sanitary landfills offered by the Country continue to be filled.